Professional Auctioneer, Consultant, Speaker, Voice Over Artist
Lynne Zink is an International Auctioneer Champion specializing in Benefit Auctions, Real Estate and Personal Property. She is also a Consultant, Educator, Speaker & Voice Over Artist. Her high-energy delivery motivates and engages audiences of all sizes: public auctions, non-profits, schools, individuals, organizations, radio. Consistent client testimonials state that Lynne’s energetic style and enthusiasm are contagious and her personal connection to engage each audience makes the difference.
Anna Kraus, Professional Bid Assistant
Anna has been actively involved in the auction profession for over ten years. Experienced and committed, her welcoming approach as bid assistant
engages guests, encourages bidding and generates excitement.
Anna is the 2010 Scholarship Recipient awarded by the Auctioneers
Association of Maryland Support Group for her academic achievements.
She earned her Doctor of Physical Therapy Degree and works at
the University of Maryland Medical Center.
Anna is very passionate about non-profits, having served in management and training positions for several fundraising and community events.
Lia Kvatum, Professional Auctioneer & Bid Assistant
Lia Kvatum has been an auctioneer since 2005. A background in fundraising for non-profits and improvisational theater made Benefit Auctioneering a natural fit for her and today, she loves bringing prople together to raise money for a great cause! She earned the honor of 2013 Maryland Bid Calling Champion and has served as Newsletter Editor for the Auctioneers Association of Maryland.
In addition to auctioneering, Lia has produced videos for entities such as the National Geographic Society, The Smithsonian Institution, PBS, and the Department of Justice. She is also an award winning, prolific writer who most recently authored a children’s book for the National Geographic Society.
She grew up on a farm in Western Minnesota, graduated from Saint Olaf College in North field, MN, and today lives in Washington, DC with her husband and daughter.
Roxane Casto, Professional Auctioneer & Bid Assistant
Roxane Casto has been working in the auction industry for 20+ years. She
attended Mendenhall School of Auctioneering in 1997. Through the years she has sold everything from box lots to fire trucks. She is an active member of the Auctioneers Association of Maryland (AAM) and served on the AAM Board of Directors from 2010-2012. She is the 2008 Maryland Bid Calling Champion, 2005 Auctioneer of the Year for her outstanding contributions to the auction profession and served as the AAM Newsletter Editor in 2005. Her compassion for people and her love of the auction industry is what makes her a perfect fit for Benefit Auctions. She has worked as a professional bid assistant and auctioneer for both non-profits and private schools.
Roxane lives in Glen Burnie, MD with her husband. She has 2 children and 2 grandchildren.
Brian Warfield, Professional Auctioneer & Bid Assistant
Brian Warfield graduated from Missouri Auction School in 1992. He specializes in Benefit Auctions and works as a contract auctioneer selling building supplies, farm equipment and personal property. He also works as a professional bid assistant and auctioneer for both non-profits and private schools. He is a member of the Auctioneers Association of Maryland and has been a finalist in the Maryland Bid Calling Championship. Brian and his wife Onna reside in Carroll County, Maryland.
Derek Hopkins, Professional Auctioneer and Bid Assistant
Derek Hopkins was introduced to the auction business as a young boy, when he attended 4-H and local livestock sales with his grandfather. As a member of 4-H he showed pigs and cattle, and he helped with bid spotting. He continued throughout his high school years, gaining experience in the many different aspects of auctions. He attended Missouri Auction School in 1998 and since that time, has worked as a contract auctioneer and ringman. Hopkins earned the title of Maryland State Bid Calling Champion in 2002. Derek, his wife and two children reside in Harford County, Maryland and are very active with 4-H.
Lynne Zink, International Auctioneer Champion
Lynne’s Background of Experience and Honors
- Annual continuing education classes at state and national auctioneer conferences
- September 2016 NAA’s Benefit Auction Summit in San Diego, CA
- September 2014 NAA’s Benefit Auction Summit in Nashville, TN
- September 2013 NAA’s Benefit Auction Summit in Chicago, IL
- August 2012 Kathy Kingston’s “Benefit Auction Consulting” workshop in Chicago, IL
- September 2011 NAA’s Benefit Auction Summit in Baltimore, MD
- December 2010 Kathy Kingston’s “Beyond Bid Calling” workshop in Dallas, TX
- September 2010 NAA’s Benefit Auction Summit in San Antonio, TX
- July 2010 Benefit Auctioneer Specialist class in Greensboro, NC – BAS Designation
- 2009 Expert Witness in the Courts
- 2008 Certified Appraisers Guild of America – GAGA Designation
- 2007 Certified Estate Specialist – CES Designation
- 2004-2006 Certified Auctioneers Institute – NAA at Indiana University – CAI Designation
- 2001 Graduate from Mendenhall School of Auctioneering
- 1996 Towson State University: B.S. Degree in English/Secondary Educ., Minor in Theatre
- 2013 Awarded Auctioneer of the Year by the Auctioneers Association of Maryland for outstanding contributions to the auction profession.
- 2012 International Auctioneer Champion and Ambassador for the NAA
- 2011 Toastmasters International Speech Contestant at Club, Area, and Division Levels
- 2010 Best Speaker Awards & Enthusiasm Award from Towson Toastmasters
- 2007 1st Place in the NAA Marketing Competition for the AAM Website.
- 2006 Awarded Auctioneer of the Year by the Auctioneers Association of Maryland
- 2005 Maryland State Bid Calling Champion.
- 2003 Awarded Outstanding Alternative Educator by the Baltimore County Pubic Schools Department of Alternative Education.
Auctioneers Association of Maryland (AAM) since 2001
- 2016: On-Line Fundraising Auction Chair
- 2014 – 2015: Immediate Past President
- 2012 – 2013: President
- 2010 – 2011: President-Elect
- 2010 – 2011: Professional Development Chair
- 2007 – 2009: Board of Directors then Vice President
- 2004 – 2010: Website Administrator
- 2003 – 2008: Newsletter Editor
- 2004 – 2006: Bid Calling Contest Committee
- 2001 – 2003: Newsletter Reporter
National Auctioneers Association (NAA) since 2001
- 2017 – 2018: Ambassador representing the state of Maryland
- 2015-2017: Co-Chair for the NAA Pass if Forward Campaign
- 2014 – Co-Chair Benefit Auction Summit, Nashville, TN
- 2012 – 2013 IAC Championship and Education Task Force Committees
- 2012 – 2013: NAA Ambassador and Speaker’s Bureau
- Since 2009: Instructor at the Annual Conference
- 2011 – Benefit Auction Summit Committee
- 2009 – 2010: Allied Partners Committee
- 2006 – 2008: Conference & Show Education Committee
- 2006 – CAI 30th Anniversary Gala Committee
Toastmasters International since 2009
- Towson Toastmasters Club
- Served as Sgt. At Arms, Website Admin and VP of Public Relations
- Served as a Mentor for Tiger Toastmasters at Towson University
- Earned Competent Communicator (CC) and Competent Leader (CL)